How to enter:
- Terms & Conditions : Please read the terms and conditions carefully before completing the entry as they will form the basis of the contract between you and the SomethingInMe Site. Decide on the category and the number of works you wish to enter.
- Age Restrictions : There’s no age limit for applicants. This competition is open to all artists worldwide.
- Registration : Enter by registering via somethingin.me, uploading up to 3 images within 1 project, and submitting to our opportunity.
- Entry Fee : Entry to the competition is free from 16 Nov, 2017 to 25 Nov, 2017 (inclusive). The submissions deadline is 25 Nov, 2017
What to enter:
- Artist Statement : An artist statement (max 50 words) is recommended and follow by a curriculum vitae (CV) if shortlisted.
- Acceptable Media : Your selfie images must be captured by mobile phone only.
- Image Size : Images must be in JPEG format recommended ideal size at 300KB. For best viewing, we recommend a maximum resolution of 300 dpi and pixel dimension of 1024 pixels or more wide. Remember to provide a high quality image as it may be used in promotional material and website.
- Title of Works : You must include the title of your work and the year it was created.
- Labelling Works : Only one image of each work must be submitted and should be titled with artist’s surname, then first name and title of work, e.g. LEE, John, ‘Untitled’
- Age of Works : You may enter up to three original works created in the last three years. Please do not send your physical artwork to us unless you are notified that you are shortlisted.
- TIMELINE SUBMISSIONS OPEN 16.11.2017
- SUBMISSIONS CLOSE 25.11.2017
- FINAL RESULTS 28.11.2017
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential, non-proprietary to any other person and not an infringement of the intellectual property rights of any other person, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties for our own promotional purposes. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted or uploaded by you or any other user of our site, including (without limitation) intellectual property infringement or defamatory content. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy . If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.